Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited is one of India's leading television media and entertainment companies. It is amongst the largest producers and aggregators of Hindi programming in the world, with an extensive library housing over 222,000 hours of television content. With rights to more than 3,818 movie titles from foremost studios and of iconic film stars, ZEE houses the world's largest Hindi film library. Through its strong presence worldwide, ZEE entertains over 1 billion viewers across 171 countries.
Pioneer of the television entertainment industry in India, ZEE’s well-known brands include Zee TV, &tv, Zee Cinema, Zee Action, Zee Classic, &pictures, Zee Anmol, Zee Anmol Cinema, Zee Cafe, Zee Studio, Zee Salaam, Zing, Z ETC Bollywood, Zee Q, Zindagi, Ten 1, Ten 2 and Ten 3. The company also has a strong offering in the regional language domain with channels such as Zee Marathi, Zee Talkies, Zee Yuva, Zee Bangla, Zee Bangla Cinema, Zee Telugu, Zee Cinemalu, Zee Kannada, Zee Tamil and Sarthak TV. The company’s HD offerings include Zee TV HD, Zee Cinema HD, &tv HD, Zee Studio HD, Zee Café HD, &pictures HD, Ten 1 HD and Ten Golf HD. ZEEL also operates multiple digital offerings like dittoTV, OZEE, and india.com
- The largest producer and aggregator of Hindi programming in the world, with more than 222,000+ hours of original programming in its archives.
- The only media brand to enter into Interbrand's '30 Best Indian Brands Report 2015.'
- One of the largest Indian programming content distributors with an estimated reach of more than 1 billion viewers in over 171 countries including USA, Canada, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
ZEEL has many 'firsts' to its credit
- First listed media company in India.
- First to launch a Hindi General Entertainment Channel in India - Zee TV.
- First to launch a Hindi Cinema Channel in India - Zee Cinema.
- First to corporatise the Hindi film industry with the costliest production and the highest grossing Hindi movie in its time - 'Gadar - Ek Prem Katha'.
- First to launch a 24 hour Hindi News Channel in India - Zee News, now operating as a separate company called Zee Media Corporation Ltd (ZMCL)
- First to set up MSO operations at a national level - Siticable, now has transferred its business to a separate company called Wire and Wireless (India) Limited (WWIL)
- First to launch a 24-hour Food Channel in India – Zee Khana Khazana
- First to launch India's Urdu infotainment channel – Zee Salaam
About Essel Group
Essel Group is among India's most prominent business houses with a diverse portfolio of assets in media, packaging, entertainment, technology-enabled services, infrastructure development and education. The Group started business in 1926 with a commodity trading and export firm, Rama Associates Limited, and has since then metamorphosed into a conglomerate that is a symbol of the ingenuity and power of Indian entrepreneurship, with worldwide operations and a workforce of nearly 10,000 dedicated employees.