Success mantras by Dr. Subhash Chandra
Every year thousands of able management students graduate and seek the answer to the right formula of corporate success. After graduation, some seek entrepreneurial opportunities while others believe in gaining experience in an established or a growing organisation and make their mark into the corporate world.
But how does one really climb up the corporate ladder? Is there a fool proof formula for long term success? Should one choose success or happiness?
Any student with high ambition to attain corporate success in a business or a job would have these questions on mind.
Being a successful entrepreneur himself, Dr. Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Essel Group & ZEE shared his experience and success stories for the benefit of the next generation as he broached upon topic of 'How to achieve success in the corporate world?' in the latest episode of 'Dr. Subhash Chandra Show'.
Starting with just Rs. 17, Dr Subhash Chandra built Essel Group; currently worth $3.5 billion. A self-made man, Dr. Chandra - considered among the leading lights of the Indian industry - has consistently demonstrated his ability to identify new businesses and lead them on the path to success. He has travelled a long way - from trading goods, setting up a packaging industry to opening up theme parks and multiplexes, launching an English newspaper and creating India's largest and most profitable TV media group Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited..
He asked the students of a leading B-School whether they preferred an easy solution or the tougher, permanent solution to attain success. Unanimous in their opinion, the students asked Dr. Chandra to share his gurumantras
on achieving the permanent solution for corporate success.
that every newcomer needs to keep in mind:
'Success is what makes people call you a visionary. Vision is nothing but executed success.'
- Role clarity - Get some clarity about your role at the organisation and analyse if you are up for the responsibilities. Your role must be clear to you as well as your manager.
- Seek Co-operation - It is extremely necessary for a newcomer to work in co-operation with the team. Seek support and co-operation from colleagues and co-workers as a team.
- Stay motivated - Challenges may come and go, but one needs to always keep oneself motivated. Never stand back and take the required decisions whenever needed. Always stay high on energy and work for the organisation with zeal.
- Market yourself - Today, it's important that you talk about your work and responsibilities, as nobody else will do it for you.
- Don't stay quiet - Make sure your opinion is heard. Keeping quiet and being unnoticed can get you steamrolled by the competition.
- Keep your boss happy: Make sure you do not shirk your work and give your hundred percent at the work place. Open up to your seniors and don't be afraid to speak up, because even if you make mistakes, it is an effective way to learn.
- said Dr. Subhash Chandra, when asked what makes a visionary be called a visionary. After-all it was his vision that helped give birth to the private satellite TV industry in India and inspired others to follow suit. He was the first in India who sought to harness the huge business potential of private satellite television channels and launched Zee Telefilms Limited in October 1992 as a content supplier for Zee TV - India's first Hindi satellite channel. Before the launch of ZEE, viewers in India were under the firm grip of Doordarshan, the state-controlled terrestrial network.
It takes immense courage and motivation to shape ideas into reality. Known for his exemplary entrepreneurship skills, he is never afraid to grow new businesses from scratch. In the show, he was asked how to attain success in the cut-throat competitive atmosphere and whether one should keep pursuing into an entrepreneurial venture even if the fear of acquisition by an industry giant looms large. He replied by sharing his personal experience of turning down an offer outright and courageously pursuing his venture ahead. The numbers are the proof as ZEE has climbed from 350 million viewers in 1996 to 930 millionn viewers globally as of today and aims to cross 1.4 billion viewers even in this intensely competitive environment.
Imparting this bold and courageous attitude and confidence to young budding businessmen of the country, Dr. Chandra will continue throwing light on his business strategies and sharing his knowledge and understanding of the business scenario through the Dr. Subhash Chandra Show.